Thursday, July 9, 2009

No news yet...

Well, as I expected the lab results are not in yet. I promise to let everyone know as soon as we hear any new news. We had a nerve/muscle test today and that went well. I guess her nerve and muscle response in her arms and legs seems normal. I could have told them that before the stuck her with a bunch of needles and shocked her with that cattle prod, but they are the doctors and I guess it was necessary. So, that is some news to give you. Tomorrow, we will do another barium swallow to see if there are any twists or obstructions in her upper GI. Then, the surgeon will be able to see what he's working with I guess when he has to put in her stomach feeding tube. We have the consult with the surgeon next Wednesday. Thanks again for all your prayers and support. Sydney has strung a few pretty good days together. We are not sure, but maybe her new medication is making her episodes more tolerable. She is sleeping through the night and gaining weight. We have her on a continuous drip with her feeding tube at 20-24oz a day and a higher than normal calorie intake. Her little tummy looks fuller but she's still so dainty. Her feeding tube is portable so we can take her out and about and she doesn't seem to mind the tube. I'll update you all soon... Love Amber

No comments: